Transitional Year Curriculum
Click here for the Resident Block Schedule Diagram
Residents will have the opportunity to work in an academic environment
where they will rotate in our ACGME-accredited programs in Internal Medicine
and General Surgery, with all rotations occurring on-site at MountainView.
Transitional Year resident rotations will include the following:
- 28 weeks (7 blocks) of Fundamental Clinical Skills (FCS) rotations, including:
- Internal Medicine (including ICU)
- General Surgery
- 4 weeks (1 block) of Emergency Medicine
- 4 weeks (1 block) of Ambulatory Care (Internal Medicine, OB/GYN, Surgery,
or a blend of clinical settings to optimize the educational experience)
- 8 weeks (2 blocks) of Elective rotations (including Radiology, Anesthesiology,
PM&R, Dermatology, Neurology, and Ophthalmology)
Our curriculum is designed to maximize the educational experience for each
resident in concert with each individual’s career goals.
Transitional Year residents will attend scheduled didactic and educational
activities with direct supervision from our sponsoring programs in Internal
Medicine and General Surgery.