Internal Medicine Eligibility Requirements
Applicants will be considered on an individual basis; however, the following
requirements must be met:
- U.S. citizens or individuals with permanent resident status (green card);
we do not sponsor visas.
- Applicants must successfully complete USMLE Step 1 or COMLEX Level 1 before
an interview offer can be extended.
- Step 2CK, Step 2CS or COMLEX Level 2CE and Level 2PE must be successfully
completed prior to ranking.
- Score threshold for USMLE is 220; for COMLEX is 500; applications will
be reviewed for individual merit.
- Prefer no more than 3 years since completion of medical school to anticipated
start of residency
- Any breaks in education or work history must be explained.
- Applicants must be eligible for a residency training license in the State
- Applicants not meeting the above criteria will be reviewed for individual merit.
- Applicants must be processed through a mandatory background check.
PGY-2 Advanced Positions
Applications will be accepted only through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application
Service) and participation in the NRMP (National Resident Match Program).
We require the following documents from each applicant via ERAS:
After review of applications, invitations to interview will be sent to
qualified applicants through ERAS along with scheduling instructions.
- ERAS Application
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Minimum of 3 letters of recommendation, including at least one from Physical
Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Medical School Transcript
- MSPE/Dean’s Letter
- USMLE/COMLEX transcript for Steps/Levels 1, 2CS and 2CK
- ECFMG certificate, if indicated
Medical Student Rotations
Sunrise Health Graduate Medical Education Consortium provides medical students
with opportunities to work closely with residents and faculty. Click “Learn
more” for more information on the application process.