Transitional Year Eligibility Requirements
Successful completion of the following is required before an interview
offer can be extended:
- USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK (allopathic)
- COMLEX Level 1 and Level 2 CE (osteopathic)
In addition to the above, successful completion the following is required
- Step 2 CS (allopathic)
- COMLEX Level 2PE (osteopathic)
- ECFMG Certificate if an IMG (unless currently enrolled)
Applicants must meet the requirements for a restricted license for residency
in the State of Nevada.
Must be no more than two (2) years from medical school graduation; any
gap must be satisfactorily explained.
The following application documents are required to be considered for an
- MSPE (Dean's letter)
- Medical school transcript
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- USMLE scores
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from physician faculty members with
whom you have worked directly.
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
Our Selection Committee considers the ENTIRE application when selecting
candidates to interview. If you are selected for an interview, you will
Interviews begin each year in early November and conclude in January. Applications
are only accepted through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application System).
We participate in the NRMP (National Residency Match Program).