Transitional Year Curriculum
Click here for the Resident Block Schedule Diagram
Residents will have the opportunity to work in an academic environment
where they will rotate in our ACGME-accredited program in Family Medicine.
Transitional Year resident rotations will include the following:
- 28 weeks (7 blocks) of Fundamental Clinical Skills (FCS) rotations, including:
- Adult Inpatient Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- 4 weeks (1 block) of Ambulatory Care
- 16 weeks (4 blocks) of Elective rotations (including Radiology, Anesthesiology,
Cardiology, Dermatology, Neurology, Nephrology, and Ophthalmology)
Our curriculum is designed to maximize the educational experience for each
resident in concert with each individual’s career goals.
Transitional Year residents will attend scheduled didactic and educational
activities with direct supervision from our sponsoring program in Family Medicine.
- Day-one access to health insurance and disability coverage
- Allowance toward educational material and travel for the purpose of scholarly
activity and research
- Paid Time Off
- Electronic device
- Meal Plan
- Free Parking
- Lab Coats (2) provided