General Surgery Eligibility Requirements
- Allopathic and osteopathic applicants must successfully complete USMLE
Step 1 or COMLEX Level 1 before an interview offer can be made. Successful
completion of both Step 2 CK and 2 CS or COMLEX Level 2CE and Level 2PE
prior to ranking is required. All exams must be passed on the first attempt.
- No more than one year can have elapsed since any formal training.
- A fourth year Sub-I in surgery is strongly recommended.
Applicants must meet the requirements for a restricted license for residency
in the State of Nevada.
- LORs – Our program requires three letters of recommendation (one
of which must come from a Surgery Faculty member). A letter of recommendation
from the Surgery Department Chair is strongly recommended.
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident.
- We require an acceptable explanation of any break in education (if applicable).