Family Medicine Eligibility Requirements
Applicants will be considered on an individual basis; however, the following
requirements must be met:
- U.S. citizens or individuals with permanent resident status (green card);
we do not sponsor visas.
- Applicants must successfully complete USMLE Step 1 or COMLEX Level 1 before
an interview offer can be extended.
- Step 2CK, Step 2CS or COMLEX Level 2CE and Level 2PE must be successfully
completed prior to ranking.
- Score threshold for USMLE is 220; for COMLEX is 500; applications will
be reviewed for individual merit.
- Prefer no more than 3 years since completion of medical school to anticipated
start of residency
- Any breaks in education or work history must be explained.
- Applicants must be eligible for a residency training license in the State
- Applicants not meeting the above criteria will be reviewed for individual merit.
- Applicants must be processed through a mandatory background check.