Family Medicine Eligibility Requirements
Applicants will be considered on an individual basis; however, the following
requirements must be met:
- Applicants must successfully complete USMLE Step 1 or COMLEX Level 1 before
an interview offer can be extended.
- Step 2CK, Step 2CS or COMLEX Level 2CE and Level 2PE must be successfully
completed prior to ranking.
- Score threshold for USMLE is 220; for COMLEX is 500; applications will
be reviewed for individual merit.
- Prefer no more than 2 years since completion of medical school to anticipated
start of residency
- Any breaks in education or work history must be explained
- Applicants must be eligible for a residency training license in the State of Nevada
- Applicants not meeting the above criteria will be reviewed for individual merit
Application Process for PGY1
We accept U.S. citizens or individuals with permanent resident status (green card).
We do not sponsor nor accept any type of visas.
The following components of the ERAS Application are reviewed:
- Current Curriculum Vitae and Personal Statement
- Minimum of 3 letters of recommendation, including one from family medicine
- Medical School Transcript
- MSPE/Dean’s Letter
- USMLE/COMLEX transcript for Steps/Levels 1, 2CS and 2CK
- ECFMG certificate, if indicated
All applicants must report for orientation the last week of June.